4.03G Audio TechnicianApply
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
• Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Communications) or equivalent work experience required
• Two (2) years of related A1 experience in live, multi-camera field production.
• Fully knowledgeable in all aspects of operation and maintenance of the audio systems including but not limited to: audio mixer/recorder, RF microphones and IFBs as well as other audio or communication related support systems timecode generators, double-system sound sync, routing mixed/split mixed audio for multi-camera interviews/live remotes via cable snake or RF link, portable recorders, wiring lavalier microphones for on camera correspondents and guests.
• Must be self-motivated, proactive, collaborative and possess a high level of creativity to tell stories with sound and images.
• Qualified applicants must demonstrate and maintain an understanding of established industry standards, equipment and quality control
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills required
• Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others, in a fast paced, dynamic field environment
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and set / strike production gear
• Must be available to work weekends, long hours or varying shifts when necessary to meet production and broadcast deadlines, 24/7 all kinds of possible weather conditions.
• Travel for production (hostile environments are possible. Training provided)
• In depth understanding of newsgathering technologies: Multi-camera interviews and remotes.
• Proficient with streaming technologies Dejero and LiveU.
• Applicants must provide a link to examples of their recent work.