iOS Release ManagerApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
When All Access was launched, CBS became the first broadcast company to create a paid service without partnering with a paid cable provider. In short, we broke new ground in the industry by providing robust, interactive services with unprecedented access to local content. At the same time, we built an innovative and exciting work environment to inspire and reward the cutting-edge ideas, creativity, and technical/operational expertise of our managers and employees.
- A successful candidate will embrace our design concepts, agile development environment and be a collaborative team player able to communicate her/his ideas with colleagues and management.
- We are looking for the person who can work in a fast-paced environment and has a strong grasp of best practices in release management
- Utilize a combination of troubleshooting, technical, and communication skills to handle a mix of disparate tasks which includes project and software development work
- Work closely with the scrum team, communicate effectively and share ideas with colleagues and management
- Manage releases across multiple branches and track propagation of fixes to the next release.
- Enable other disciplines in understanding established processes with communication, documentation preparation and training.
- Support program management teams as needed according to the release schedule.
- Prepare & ensure that release packages meet design, build and configuration requirements.
- Identify gaps in automation and test coverage
- Support and improve tools for continuous integration, automated testing and release management.
- Work closely with engineering and product teams to develop delivery pipeline
- Automate Tests in CI/CD
What you bring to the team:
- 2+ years of experience in release engineering and configuration management for iOS native app development.
- Expert knowledge of iOS build systems, their pros and cons and best practices in creating a reliable build environment for large, fast-paced teams.
- Experience with code signing and provisioning iOS builds.
- Deep experience managing builds across multiple build targets,
- Expert knowledge of source code version control systems (GIT, Maven, etc.)
- Experience in a Continuous Delivery & Scrum environment in which there are 10+ week deliveries.
- Proven experience in setting up Xcode server Test Driven Development and Automation working in a Continuous Delivery environment
- Experience with, OTA build distribution solutions such as TestFlight and HockeyApp.
- Experience writing build scripts using Python, Ruby, Unix Shell (bash,ksh) or perl
- Highly motivated, creative, self-directed, and thrives in small Agile teams in multi-site settings
You may also have:
- Advanced knowledge of Xcode and iOS build systems.
- Experience as an owner of an automated build and/or continuous integration system.
- DevOps exposure is a plus.
- Experience working with entertainment, games, news, or sports-related properties preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled