CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Does the challenge of optimizing the revenue potential of one of the largest media organizations in the world excite you? If so, please consider applying for the Analyst position in CBS Interactive’s Yield Management group. The goal of the Yield group is simple: grow revenue not simply by selling more, but rather by selling more efficiently.
Yield brings analyses and insights to people at all levels of the CBS Interactive organization, but its core responsibilities revolve around how inventory is measured, packaged, and priced. The Yield team helps the sales team shape individual proposals and keeps track of how those proposals collectively consume inventory. Every month this translates into an inventory puzzle with billions of individual pieces, and by guiding how these pieces are assembled, the Yield team contributes to the overall revenue growth of CBS Interactive.
- Help shape sales proposals by providing input on product mix, inventory availability, and pricing.
- Using YieldEx, publish the inventory forecast and monitor the accuracy of total inventory capacity and availability.
- Provide Yield reporting to senior management. This involves writing SQL queries and building reports directly from the data warehouse.
- Work with client services, product marketing and ad operations to inform product strategy.
- Help manage products and rate cards.
- Monitor and optimize active campaigns.
- Streamline business processes to mitigate problems that lead to revenue losses.
- Partner with FP&A on revenue forecasting and budgeting.
- Develop new and effective ways to monitor and report on a highly complex digital media inventory.
- Test and implement creative strategies to optimize the performance of client-specific campaigns.
- Dive deep into data to discover potential revenue opportunities and diagnose revenue-impacting issues.
- Partner with teams across the company to provide analysis that will impact the way our key brands look, function, and generate revenue.
What you bring to the team:
- BS/BA degree in a quantitative/problem solving field (or equivalent training and experience).
- Two or more years related work experience. Exceptional candidates with less experience will be considered.
- Strong Excel & PowerPoint skills
- The ability to collaborate effectively within the Yield Team as well as engage seamlessly with stakeholders across all of CBS Interactive is essential to success.
- Candidates should display both a natural curiosity and a talent for finding the signal though the noise.
- CBS Interactive is a dynamic business – candidates need to be flexible, open to change and comfortable with ambiguity.
You may also have:
- SQL experience
- Experience with DoubleClick, YieldEx, Operative, Omniture, Google Analytics
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled