Weekend Operations SupervisorApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- Provide hands-on leadership to contract and full time employees by communicating/setting job expectations, planning, monitoring, approving files/packages, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Act as escalation path for prioritizing tasks & products, facilitating corrections and root cause analysis, and resolving issues when they arise.
- Using a work order system to assign tasks as needed and ensure timely delivery. Tasks include digitization of tape formats, formatting video to adhere to specs, transcoding to multiple digital files, re-time closed captions, edit xml metadata, and publishing of assets into online sites.
- React to broadcasting schedule changes and plan accordingly. Collaborate with shift manager on resource allocation including staff and equipment.
- Go-to resource for system and process workflows as needed during off hours
- Foster a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Oversee publishing and delivery to platforms for daily and syndicated programming (Rachel Ray, Inside Edition, CBS Evening News, etc.).
- Process nightly alternative programming as well as live TV finales (Survivor, Big Brother, and CBS Primetime Specials) for all platforms.
- Prep for tentpole events (Grammys, Tonys, Superbowl) and oversee planning leading up to and day-of for marketing materials from behind the scenes to the red carpet.
- Launching of new channel, partners, territories with library and currently-airing programs.
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years direct management experience managing teams tasked with creating and distributing digital video products with ultra-short turnaround times as well as larger scale digital video product launches.
- Proven leadership skills – excellent communication, leads by example, provides direction, feedback, motivates and has ability to influence.
- Strong organizational, communication and follow through abilities with experience working with diverse teams.
- Enthusiastic and enjoy TV/Film/Digital Media
- Knowledge of Telestreams products: MACCAPTION, Vantage, LIveCaptture.
- Familiarity with controls in a CMS tool for online publishing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training & experience in Post Production or Operations.
- Quick thinker and excels in the area of problem solving, demonstrate ability to multi-task, display a short learning curve
- Understanding of video and audio mastering properties (frame rate, resolution, channel configurations, etc.)
- Experience with FCP or Adobe Premiere Editing Suites.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled