Video User Interface Software Engineer (VUISE)Apply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
- Work with other engineers to evolve and maintain the internal web application that generates customized responsive video UI for internal business units.
- Work with other engineers to evolve and maintain the node module that generates custom CSS from a stored JSON document schema.
- Investigate and troubleshoot video UI issues, especially around normalized interaction between mobile and desktop devices.
- Field questions and requests from site-side developers (users of the JS video player) and product team members.
- Review code submissions (pull requests) from other team members.
- Work closely with the QA coordinator to facilitate testing across a variety of devices.
- We are taking ownership of video UI across CBSi and need you to help define that vision.
- We built a node module that generates CSS from a JSON document schema (used by the video UI web application and the JS video player) and we need help improving the module, refining the featureset, and taking the project to the next level.
- Collaborate with site side teams to ensure custom video UI integrations are working as expected for all use cases.
- Deployment of video UI across 25+ CBSi websites.
- 5+ years experience developing UI/UX for mobile and desktop browsers
- Experience with modern JS (ES6+) and build tools like npm, Babel, and Webpack, and server-side web frameworks like Express (Node.js).
- Experience with precompiled CSS languages like SASS, LESS, and Stylus
- Experience writing tests with frameworks such as Mocha, Chai, and Jasmine
- Familiarity with event-driven architectures and client-server communication
- Bachelor’s degree in technical area like engineering or computer science, or equivalent experience
- Experience working with HTML5 video on mobile devices
- Experience in developing interactive video applications
- Experience with Atlassian tools like Bitbucket, SourceTree, and JIRA
- Experience with Unix/Linux server environments and managing
- Experience with technical writing and design documentation
- Familiarity with Video.js