Senior Front-End EngineerApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 250 million people visiting its properties each month, it is a top 10 Web property globally and a top 5 Web property in the U.S. in terms of unique video viewers. Brands you will work on include CBS.com and CBS All Access, which includes HD movies, CBS shows, classic TV episodes, and original programming.
- A successful candidate will embrace our design concepts, agile development environment and be a collaborative team player able to communicate her/his ideas with colleagues and management.
- We are looking for the person who can work in a fast-paced environment and has a strong grasp of cutting edge technologies
- Research and development of new technologies related to video and video players.
- The candidate must show he/she has good knowledge of media formats such as H.264, H.265, VP9, MPEG-2, Apple ProRes, PEG2000, DPX, OpenEXR, DNX, IMF/DCP, MXF, Quicktime and ISO BMFF.
- The candidate has good understanding of DRM encryption and DASH packaging.
- The candidate will work closely with engineering and product teams.
- Utilize a combination of troubleshooting, technical, and communication skills to handle a mix of disparate tasks which includes project and software development work
- The candidate must show he/she has experience with Test Driven Development
- Work closely with engineering and product teams to develop new features for CBS All Access and CBS All Access International brands.
- Contribute in development and improvement of features around video.
- Passionate about application performance and knows different techniques to do optimization
- Candidate has experience with tools like Gulp or Grunt
- Experience developing web pages for mobile devices
- Web development best practices
You might also have:
- Experience with Google ChromeCast applications
- Experience with Smart TV applications
- Experience working for RESTful APIs
- Experience performing load tests
- Experience with development of Chromecast applications
- Experience working with tools like Jenkins
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled