Video Producer/YouTube Specialist - CNETApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- We’re seeking a talented shooter/editor and creative storyteller to produce premium video content for CNET’s YouTube channel and CNET.com.
- This person needs to be passionate about consumer technology, and comfortable working solo and in close collaboration with CNET editors on short and long form videos.
- This person needs to be experienced with growing a YouTube channel and will use their expertise and knowledge of YouTube best practices, analytics, SEO, content curation and optimization to help maximize audience growth.
- Participate in regular brainstorms with the wider CNET team to come up with new ideas and ensure we are always producing the most innovative features possible.
- Video production - pitch story ideas, write scripts, shoot and edit videos to meet same-day deadlines, and publish (and possibly even present in front of camera).
- YouTube channel - helping upload and manage the content, optimize it for the platform (create thumbnails, end-screens, select search terms), and work closely with channel creators to ideate and develop new content.
- Work closely with the YouTube editors to manage and curate the channel to make sure deliverables are on time, eventually being more autonomous.
- Assisting in YouTube strategy, and growth planning.
- Producing high quality, thoughtful, and entertaining video for CNET’s platforms and its partners about consumer tech, cool science and fun stuff.
- 2+ years of video and YouTube experience
- Direct oversight of YouTube Channels’ content management and growth
- Knowledge of current internet publishing trends and SEO principles
- Professional video production/editing experience, including Premiere Pro expertise
- Demo reel or portfolio of work
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and experience - broadcast journalism or related field preferred
You Might also Have:
- YouTube Certification preferred
- On camera experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled