Video Producer, Automotive ContentApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: London, United Kingdom
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
To work as a video producer with the Automotive Content group (primarily on the Carfection channel), creating content that is tailored for online audiences. The successful applicant will be creatively minded and capable of coming up with new ideas and contributing to the creative process, while at the same time being comfortable with the technical aspects of multi-media production for online environments. Candidates will be expected to be able to film, edit and deliver content independently.
The successful candidate will produce existing show formats and work independently and as part of the production team towards developing new show ideas. The job will involve studio and on location recording (including international travel) and editing content in the London office. The successful applicant will also be expected to be able to work to brief and follow style guidelines for some projects, and to bring their own style and creativity to others.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for devising of and producing programming aimed at our audience. Developing online content from pitch stage to final delivery, either independently or part of a small unit.
- Responsible for filming, either on road, on track or otherwise on location to a high standard.
- Responsible for editing footage either self shot or shot by other members of the team or freelancers to a high standard.
- Be responsible for the production automotive features, including reviews, unveils, documentaries, interviews and more.
- Assisting the Automotive Content group video team with both studio-based and location filming and production.
- Contributing to the group’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube presence. Engaging with viewers and helping building an online community.
- Work with the internal Marketing and PR departments to produce promotional video for internal and external use.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the Automotive PR industries in order to ensure access to vehicles and events.
- Produce commercial video for the Automotive brand advertisers.
- Contribute to Peer Review and cross-publisher video discussion, to maintain highest quality of video across the business.
- Understand and adapt to the demands of a deadline-based editorial team, be able to follow a brief and also establish how to get the best performances out of different presenters.
- Ability to edit to tight turnaround times.
- Staying ahead of the field in terms of knowledge of interactive video and audio standards.
- Regular domestic and international travel required as part of position.
- Proven experience in video production for a professional organisation.
- Experience with and knowledge of video editing software and motion graphics. Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Photoshop highly desirable.
- Advanced technical knowledge of current camera equipment and techniques.
- Understanding of location sound recording in challenging environments.
- Strong, proven post production skills in editing, grading, sound design and basic vfx and motion graphics.
- A passion for and broad knowledge of cars and car culture and a willingness to match that passion with an intelligent, consistent and fully committed hands-on approach to the task at hand.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Working knowledge of social networking
- Full driving licence and strong driving skills essential, capable of driving on track and under instruction
Competencies for Success:
- Technical Leaning
- Time Management
- Process Management
- Action Oriented
- Problem Solving
- Planning Skill
- Negotiating skill
- Standing Alone
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled