Video Engineer, CBS Sports DigitalApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
CBSSports.com provides premium online and mobile content to the connected sports fan, including live and on-demand video, in-depth analysis, breaking news, and scores and statistics across high school, college, and pro sports. CBSSports.com is part of CBS Interactive's portfolio of multiplatform brands, which includes premier Fantasy offerings, high school sports leader MaxPreps, 247Sports, Scout and CBS Interactive Advanced Media producing more than 130 official collegiate athletic sites.
This Video Engineer and Tech Ops will provide mission critical technical direction and technical support for design, upgrades, system administration, maintenance and failure recovery for the Broadcast. Oversee the master control operation that includes the playback automation system, the storage for all programs and commercial spots and maintains a relationship between master control, Ingets, Studio-News, Traffic and Sales. For studio-news, manage all studio equipment, camera switchers, graphics, ENG, and the set and lighting. For IT, oversee his team on the maintenance and replacement of all computers and servers, updating software, virus control, all network communication internal and external to the plant.
- 24/7 responsibility for integrity of automation and broadcast IT infrastructure supporting origination
- Manage and maintain complex integrated systems
- Maintenance and repair of all technical equipment in studio, pre & post production and MCR operation
- Works closely with CBS Sports Broadcast to manage, repair and maintain equipment for CBS Sports Digital video production to deliver compelling content for customers on CBS Sports Digital platforms
You have –
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 4-6 yrs experience working in studio engineering
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, team environment
- Dynamically and effectively communicate with clients to collect information to assess their engineering needs
- Must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose and handle the tools necessary to repair studio/post production equipment
- Must have solid working knowledge of PC and Apple computers, MS Windows, OSX and related software
- Must have solid working knowledge of networks, routers, MS operating systems and application software such as Word and Excel
- Make clear sound decisions under pressure and rapidly changing situations
You might also have –
- Traffic systems such as Wide Orbit and OSI
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.