Vice President, Cloud ArchitectureApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
We are a group passionate about delivering high volume and high quality content to all digital platforms. This includes not only large live streaming events as the Super Bowl and Grammy’s, but also large premium original content releases such as The Good Fight and Star Trek. With our overall goal to deliver premium content whenever and wherever our consumers want, we focus on accelerating our business initiatives, securely, optimizing our spend in a culture of knowledge sharing.
We are seeking a high-impact executive to help provide strategic direction and operational excellence to CBS Interactive to transform and create new operational processes, assist in security strategies and manage a multi-cloud solution for multiple brands. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), this position will provide strategic planning, create/invest in innovative solutions and provide the technical knowledge to design, implement and support CBS Interactive’s properties in both Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services.
- Designs and implements high level architecture for the deployment of a complex global hybrid cloud solution; prepares and maintains architectural guidelines and associated documentation
- Performs requirements analysis and develops solutions and in-depth business cases to provide Secure Cloud platforms that support business requirements
- Stays abreast of current and emerging cloud solutions; makes recommendations based on in-depth knowledge and research
- Coordinates, recommends and reviews the tools used for deployment, implementation, management and monitoring
- Cross-functional collaboration with other CBS Interactive teams, including engineering and architecture groups; works with project team members and other internal teams to deliver projects
- Creates and presents technical strategies to a variety of audiences including Customers, Executives, Peers and Support Staff
- Creates and presents operational strategies to a variety of audiences including Customers, Executives, Peers and Support Staff
- Create and maintain a Cloud Architecture team, providing overall technical and operational leadership in cloud platforms
- Migrate high volume web and digital video properties to Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services
- Create, own and monitor financial models to help maintain and improve overall cloud spend.
- Create overall operational model and best practices to migrate to a devops (devsecops) model
You have –
- Bachelor’s degree (technical) with 10+ years relevant experience
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services
- Experience with large scale cloud transformations
- Experience managing a Cloud Architecture team (or similar function)
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate technical solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
You might also have
- Previous Data Center Experience
- OpenStack/Docker Experience
- Video Streaming (live and VOD) Experience
- Experience migrating large infrastructure project from Data Center to Cloud is a plus
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.