VP, Global Content OperationsApply
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world’s largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive’s brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
- This position will require detailed knowledge of the upstream content management systems at CBS Interactive, and ensure all content deliveries and localized launches not only meet a high technical and quality standard, but that all delivered are completed on-time and in compliance with business policies
- Review content acquisition agreements, devise a schedule of content launches worldwide, assign and manage rights metadata, and set up windows for all titles that launch across the global distribution chain
- Bring a passion for innovation and content management, capable of partnering with others to develop requirements and project managing those solutions through to successful implementations.
- Conduct regular quality control and reporting on the status of content availability across various distribution points
- Partner with team members to analyze and evaluate workflows and recommend operational enhancements to improve efficiency
- Drive and maintain key metric reporting and cost analyses to help devise go-to-market localization strategies by market and identify opportunities for synergy
- Regularly work on market research and other varying projects aimed to help drive growth, scale and revenue
- Partner effectively with multiple product, operations, technology, legal and business development teams to ensure we stay invested towards improved automation and scalability with growing content launches, in support of our global growth plans for CBS All Access and distributors worldwide
- This role will require the understanding of what role each source system plays in the global content operations value chain, and how the video assets flow through to all of our products and distributor services downstream
- Documenting, troubleshooting (with appropriate teams), and escalating issues – ultimately driving to resolution through collaboration of internal or external partners
- Bachelor's or master's degree in business administration, economics or media communications
- 15+ years previous experience in Digital Distribution or Business Operations role within a media company or a distributor
- A demonstrated understanding of digital streaming across AVOD, EST, SVOD or VOD space, as well as video operations
- Experience developing and executing operating plans in compliance with security, quality, cost, and delivery results. Developing and executing operations strategy in support of broader business goals.
- Experience working with senior decision makers
- Experience building and leading a team of several direct reports across emerging business models
- Strong digital asset management background and attention to detail
- Strong proficiency in MS Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Stellar communication skills in these aspects: interpersonal, verbal, and written
- Strong organization and presentation skills, effectively communicating insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports
- Exceptional work ethic with ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team, act proactively and drive resolution
- Ideal candidate will be self-directed with an entrepreneurial spirit who will be able to work well under pressure, and quickly adapt to change in a fast-paced work environment. Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask is a necessity.
- Experience with CMS Content Publishing and understanding of content supply chain and content publishing processes
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled