VP Business DevelopmentApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
CBS Interactive’s Entertainment group is looking for a Vice President of Business Development to forge key strategic partnerships for CBS Digital Media, CBS All Access and the CBS Audience Network.
This person will work closely with our top partners and CBSI’s executive, product, legal, marketing, and sales teams to create meaningful partnerships to help grow audience and revenue for CBS Digital Media and drive our international expansion. Candidates must be self-starters, dynamic “hunters” and possess solid contract negotiation experience and inter-personal relationship skills. This position draws on experience within the digital media industry, specifically: video distribution, social media, platform partnerships, digital ad programs, and strategic planning. This job requires up to a 50-65% travel at peak times.
- Drive international partner opportunities, including sourcing new prospects and leading sales effortsBe the lead deal account owner for strategic digital distribution partners
- Forge strong relationships with current and potential partners
- Successfully negotiate quality agreements
- Define goals, objectives and specific distribution strategies with key internal teams
- Effectively manage communication between internal departments and with the executive team
- This role brings much flexibility and excitement: you may be forging deals that include totally new business models; testing the waters with new partners; working with a variety of brands; and working on emerging technologies.
- This person will lead our international partnerships for CBS All Access, and work closely with our product team.
- This person will lead the deal strategy & contract negotiations for key platform and distribution partners.
You have –
BA/BS degree with 10+ years of digital video, partnership or and/BD experience
International sales experience, foreign language fluency a plus
Solid understanding of technology and digital content distribution & monetization practices
Established strong network of media, technology and international contacts; plus ability to source and establish new relationships
Superior contract negotiation skills and outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
Motivated self-starter; a results-oriented executive who is able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast, change-oriented environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled