UI/UX Designer - GameSpotApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
CBSi Games is the #1 network of games media sites and includes some of the most popular gaming destinations in the world including GameSpot, GameFAQs, Giant Bomb, and Comic Vine.
We’re looking for a UI/UX designer who has experience working on complex websites that support multiple device types and mixed-media content. You’ll take on projects ranging from small, practical iterations of interfaces to larger, more complex, multi-step user flows that are clean and user-friendly for multiple websites. You should be experienced with making design decisions based on qualitative and quantitative feedback as well as exploring experimental concepts with the team.
- Work with Design, Product, and Engineering to understand and establish project details
- Create multiple options for projects individually or with a larger group
- Create deliverables appropriate for each stage of a project (wireframes, prototypes, mockups, etc.)
- Perform user interviews and user testing
- Iterate on design ideation based on qualitative and quantitative data along with internal feedback from peers
- Create and present documentation for design patterns (both interaction and visual) to the team and refine based off of feedback
- Redesign the GameSpot news experience to improve active user retention, session length, and satisfaction
- Improve the video experience on Giant Bomb to increase user satisfaction and retention
- Improve and create new design patterns across GameSpot, Giant Bomb, and Comic Vine while also creating unique design patterns for each individual site based on user needs
- Bachelor’s degree in a design-related field – or equivalent training and experience
- Minimum 3 years design experience
- Proficiency with design tools (ex. Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Experience designing for multiple devices (desktop, tablet, mobile)
You might also have:
- Experience creating prototypes of interfaces
- Experience writing HTML and CSS
- Conducted user interviews and user tests
- Experience in designing for content-heavy websites
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.