UI Design Manager - CBS.com
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
We are an enthusiastic group of professionals in the entertainment division of CBS Interactive, a premiere Los Angeles based tech company.
Brands include all CBS Entertainment interactive properties including the CBS app, CBS.com and our premiere streaming service, CBS All Access with exclusive original content from “Star Trek Discovery”, “The Good Fight”, and “No Activity”.
As a talented and creative UI Manager for the Core Vertical at CBS Interactive Entertainment, you will lead a team of designers in creating high-quality, user-centric UI designs that will impact the future of our products that include our highly acclaimed streaming service, “CBS All Access”. Responsibilities include creating and communicating concepts, developing interactive design solutions and designing user interfaces across all platforms. You will collaborate with amazing product owners, producers, PMs and engineers and have a direct impact on the future of CBS Interactive Entertainment.
- Will work directly with a team of UI, Product managers and developers within a scrum team and report to the Sr. Director of Design.
- Will ensure pixel perfect UI designs are on brand and are created based on UX documentation and stakeholder requirements.
- Will keep up to date on industry trends and provide an understand to his/her team on how those trends may elevate our products
- Will passionately Inspire and mentor his/her team in order to produce the best designs possible.
CBS is the number one TV network in the country, one of the largest creators of content in the world, and a pioneer in digital streaming entertainment. At our Burbank design studio, designers will have the opportunity to work on properties like CBS.com, CBS mobile web, high-level Network presentations and the streaming service CBS All Access. Additionally, there may be opportunities to work in the areas that include mobile apps and connected TV devices (Apple TV, Roku etc). It's not an understatement to say that the designs that come out of this division contribute to the overall success of our company.
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- Expertise in current Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and most importantly, how to mentor your team to use these tools most effectively.
- A solid portfolio showcasing exceptional UI across multiple platforms.
- A strong conceptual skills.
- An understanding of common design issues, challenges and guidelines.
- To be comfortable giving presentations to stakeholders and defending design strategies.
- 3+ years experience in professional entertainment creative agency or entertainment marketing design environment
- 1+ years managing a team of designers
- Excellent communication skills, be self-motivated, and have a fine eye for detail.
- To be able to work independently, proactively gather consensus from multiple internal stakeholders and be able to change tasks quickly based on shifts in priorities or urgent deadlines.
You might also have –
- An understanding of Sketch
- Prototyping experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working on video streaming services
- Entertainment experience
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled