Tracking (Data) EngineerApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
The Tracking Engineer possesses a deep sense of curiosity, a passion for building smarter tracking solutions to that drive decisions based on data throughout the CBS Interactive organization.
Key Projects include:
Working backward from analytical and experimental requirements to devise data and BI solutions, this engineer supports the design and audit of tracking across multiple platforms and devices.
- Can implement translated business requirements into tagging specs across multiple tools and tracking approaches.
- Builds tracking approaches for activity and user analytics, such as user segmentation or traffic trending across sites and business units.
- Able to break down and communicate highly complex data problems into simple, feasible solutions.
- Maintain ongoing upgrades to solutions and participate in training impacted teams.
- Find answers to business questions via hands-on exploration of data.
- At minimum, BS degree in Statistics, Engineering, Informatics, or Computer Science degree with demonstrated experience in analytics.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics (Omniture), and other Adobe products across platforms (mobile, desktop, video, app) and with large data volumes.
- Experience with digital marketing strategy and analytics, including site, video, social media, SEM, SEO, and display advertising.
- Familiarity with App Development (iOS, Android).
- Familiarity with SQL skills for MySQL and Teradata.
- Pro-active and strategic thinker, enjoys solving problems, thrives in ambiguous environment, can turn on a dime when dealing with multiple tight project deadlines, and strong communicator.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.