Technical Director, CBS Sports DigitalApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
This person will be responsible for serving as the Technical Director for live shows as well as pre-recorded show element for CBS Sport Digital.
The successful candidate will possess the ability, leadership, willingness, drive, and initiative to:
- Work closely with senior producers, and producers and other members in planning pre-production activities
- Work closely with the engineering department to create a successful workflow, report, track and resolve technical issues within the shows facility
- See the details of a task through to completion
- Collaborate and interact with colleagues and network staff
- Undertake a project as own and take appropriate action
- Responsible for the visual direction of broadcasts
- Work closely with CBS Sports Broadcast to create compelling content for customers on CBS Sports Digital platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Communications or equivalent
- At least 3 years of "hands-on" experience in the technical direction of television newscasts
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
- Since the schedules will rotate, you must be able to work all shifts, including weekends and overnights, and holidays. Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice if needed
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, team environment
- The applicant must be able to perform a variety of tasks that may require sitting or standing for extended periods, reaching, bending, light lifting and carrying. Adequate eyesight and hearing are also a requirement
- Experience with ELC OPERATIONS – calling and cutting News Broadcasts, Camera Robotics, Audio Consoles, Playout Servers, and Graphics Playback are a must
- Extensive knowledge of video switchers, graphics systems, server playout systems, audio consoles and robotic camera systems is essential
You might also have –
- Experience with Ross products including switchers, Inception and Xpression is desired
- Demonstrated experience as a creative/technical director is helpful
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.