Swing Operations ManagerApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- Providing hands-on leadership to an existing team by communicating/setting job expectations, planning, monitoring, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Will be the escalation path for prioritizing products, facilitating corrections to rejections and resolving transcoding and publishing issues when they arise.
- Approve all packages prior to deliveries and ensure that all scheduled programming have been received by partners.
- Monitor and meet service level agreement for partner delivery and react as needed to ensure deadlines are achieved while fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training & experience in Production or Operations.
- Previous experience in managing a team is preferred or a minimum of 3+ years direct project management experience in creating and distributing digital video products with ultra-short turnaround times as well as larger scale digital video product launches.
- Must be able to work 4 pm to 1 am, Monday thru Friday and available on some weekends including tentpole events (Grammy's, Tony's, Superbowl)
- Proven leadership skills – excellent communication, leads by example, provides direction, feedback, motivates and has ability to influence.
- Strong organizational and communication abilities with experience working with diverse teams.
- Quick thinker and excels in the area of problem solving, demonstrate ability to multi-task, display a short learning curve
- Enthusiastic and enjoy TV/Film/Digital Media
- Understanding of video and audio mastering properties (frame rate, resolution, channel configurations, etc.)
- Experience with FCP or Adobe Premiere Editing Suites.
- Knowledge of Telestreams products: MACCAPTION, Vantage, LIveCaptture.
- Familiarity with controls in a CMS tool for online publishing
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled