Summer 2020 Production Assistant InternApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Paid Intern
Job Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
CBS Sports Digital, a division of CBS Interactive, covers the full spectrum of sports, from preps to pros, and provides premium content across all digital screens. With a focus on serving fans live coverage every day, CBS Sports Digital offers exclusive access to the biggest sports events, live and on-demand video, in-depth analysis, breaking news, scores and statistics, and a wide range of fantasy games and advice. CBS Sports Digital's multi-platform offerings include CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected TV devices, CBS Sports HQ, 247Sports, MaxPreps, CBS Sports fantasy games, SportsLine, and SportsLive. CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the world's largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 internet company.
CBS Sports HQ is CBS' 24-hour streaming sports news network offering news, highlights and analysis, easily accessible for free on connected devices. The digital network is a collaboration between CBS Sports and CBS Interactive and allows sports fans to watch full-day, live, anchored coverage featuring game breakdowns and the day's top sports storylines. CBS Sports HQ is currently available on CBSSports.com; the CBS Sports app for key connected TV devices including Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and Roku; the CBS Sports mobile app for iOS and Android; CBSN; and the CBS All Access subscription service. To watch CBS Sports HQ, visit www.cbssports.com/live/.
The Production Assistant is responsible for assisting producers and senior producers with the program development, creative and editorial direction of CBS Sports Digital. We bring our passion for sports and love of our work, serving up sports content to fans everywhere, and this role will help us succeed in that mission.
- Capture and assemble clips using non-linear editing systems – Adobe Premier and other software.
- Edit content in a digital environment or digital broadcast facility for distribution for various digital media platforms.
- Prepare highlights and one-plays for distribution across multiple digital platforms.
- Screens content for use on all digital platforms, non-linear editing and encoding.
- Assist in developing innovative content for CBS Sports Digital platforms
- Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week.
- This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
You have –
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Communication with an emphasis on Digital Media production preferred
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts of editing and encoding of online content
- Strong understanding of the mobile web and internet
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or bootcamp
- Are at least 18 years of age
You might also have –
- A strong knowledge of major and minor sports is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled