Summer 2019 Software Engineering InternApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Paid Intern
Job Location: Louisville, KY, US
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
If you are a highly motivated, self-starter who enjoys tackling technical and business challenges this internship is for you. You will work under the supervision of one of our engineering leaders and also be assigned a mentor.
The engineer intern will help build enhancements on the leads platform and build tools, services, and data processes to support our highly trafficked sites. Responsibilities will extend to any of the applications associated with CBS Interactive’s initiatives including both front facing applications and back-end services.
- Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm) but times may vary per team
- This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
- Experience developing software with Java, Python, or PHP.
- Previous exposure to structured Software Development Lifecycle processes and procedures
- Technical analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and techniques
- Solid organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Ability to establish professional relationships with team members
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Currently working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related software engineering field
- You must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled