Summer 2019 Machine Learning Intern, CBSSports.com (Masters/Graduate or PhD)Apply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Paid Intern
Job Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, US
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Are you interested in Machine Learning? Do you believe we are at the tipping point of automated content in multiple media industries? Do you see the value Artificial Intelligence can bring to countless stakeholders in sport industries?
At CBS Interactive, our Product group has an opportunity to build the next generation of real- time services supporting content customization, next level sport projections, and editorial insights. You will work on a large-scale data mining/analysis project to help us develop a deeper understanding of what is occurring with Major League Baseball teams in real time with an opportunity to deliver your results to our millions of readers. You must be dedicated, self-motivated, and capable of working independently and with a small team.
The Machine Learning Intern will support the CBSSports.com Media Group and work directly with our lead Data Scientist and Senior Director of Product. The intern's main project will be the prediction of user site traffic and automated content creation for MLB teams through the analysis of premium statistics provided by the industry leaders of sports data. Candidates must be working towards a Masters degree or Ph.D. in a computer, engineering, or other quantitative field of study.
- Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm) but times may vary per team
- This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
- Proven research experience in the areas of applied machine learning, deep learning or big data
- Experience programming in Python is a MUST
- Data-mining/machine learning experience
- Experience with data extraction, manipulation and algorithms
- Must be detail-oriented and focused on data accuracy
- Ability to communicate highly technical concepts to both technical and executive audiences
- Knowledge of and an interest in national sports is a plus
- Feature selection, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner to fellow engineers and executives
- Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Student must be currently enrolled in a Graduate, Masters or PhD Level Program
- Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled