Summer 2019 Digital Production Intern, ET LiveApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Paid Intern
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
CBS Interactive is a premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the industry. Our websites dive deep into the things that people care about: business, entertainment, games, news, sports and technology. With more than 290 million unique visitors each month, CBS Interactive is a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks.
ET Live is seeking an ambitious, self-sufficient student who is interested in learning about working in digital news. We are looking for someone who is passionate about human interest stories and who can identify trending and breaking news. They will find news online before any other media has covered it.
This intern would assist with day-to-day production and post-production needs across our editorial and video teams. Daily tasks might include assisting on shoots, archival research, pitching stories, chasing down video assets and securing and transcribing interviews. This role will also get the opportunity to pitch at least one news project (including an article and video), which they would take full ownership over and complete by the end of the summer.
Good Communication skills and a love for viral news stories are a must. Basic production and video editing skills are preferred (we use AVID and Adobe Premiere), but are not required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Finding and pitching stories on a daily basis
- Identifying and contacting people directly involved in stories to secure permissions for video and photos
- Working within a CMS, as well as Avid and Photoshop, to help deliver stories
- Keeping track of anniversaries for historical newsworthy events to plan features using archived content
- Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm) but times may vary per team
- This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
- Availability to be in the Burbank office full-time for the duration of the 10 weeks
- Student in print or broadcast journalism or related field
- Solid knowledge of social media
- Familiarity with AP style
- Good communication skills
- Passion for viral news stories are a must
- Basic production and video editing skills are preferred (AVID and Adobe Premiere)
- Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled