Summer 2019 Data Science Intern (Masters/Graduate or PhD)Apply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Paid Intern
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Are you interested in Machine Learning? Do you believe we are at the tipping point of automated content in multiple media industries? Do you see the value Artificial Intelligence can bring to countless stakeholders in all areas of media?
At CBS Interactive, our Applied Machine Learning Group is building the next generation of services supporting customer personalization, audience acquisition, and video products using AI/ML. You will work on large-scale data mining/analysis project to help us develop a deeper understanding of what is occurring in our CNET Media teams in real time with an opportunity to deliver your results to our millions of readers. a production-scale recommendation engine enhancement that powers video engagement on many CBSi properties like CNET and CBS All Access. You must be dedicated, self-motivated, and capable of working independently and with a small team.
The Data Science Intern will work directly with our lead Machine Learning Engineers and report into the Vice President of Applied Machine Learning Group.
- Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm) but times may vary per team
- This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
- Proven research experience in the areas of applied machine learning, deep learning or big data
- Experience programming in Python is a MUST
- Data-mining/machine learning experience
- Experience with data extraction, manipulation and algorithms
- Must be detail-oriented and focused on data accuracy
- Ability to communicate highly technical concepts to both technical and executive audiences
- Ability to build solutions in GCP (Google Cloud) or AWS is a plus
- Knowledge of and an interest in digital video is a plus
- Feature selection, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Implementing one-hot encodings and stacked embeddings for testing against prod systems
- Hyperparameter Tuning and Model Measurement
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner to fellow engineers and executives
- Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Must be enrolled in a Masters/Graduate or PhD program
- Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled