Summer 2019 Data Engineering Intern (Masters/Graduate)Apply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Paid Intern
Job Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
The Summer 2019 Data Engineering Intern will assist in the development of a self-service data operations dashboard with near real-time status of all the processes. This dashboard will give users the ability to dive into the details of any process. With the creation of this dashboard, our internal Business Intelligence team/users can analyze operational insights of various data sources across CBS Interactive.
The Data Engineering Intern will help build tools, services, and data processes to support our highly trafficked sites. Responsibilities will extend to any of the applications associated with CBS Interactive’s initiatives including front facing applications and back-end services. It is important that candidates show interest in web technologies from a technical and product perspective.
- Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm) but times may vary per team
- This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
- Experience in developing data pipelines using Python
- Experience developing web applications in Python, PERL, Ruby, Django, Rails, or similar environment
- Knowledge of SQL to perform common analysis
- Previous exposure to structured Software Development Lifecycle processes and procedures
- Technical analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and techniques
- Solid organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Ability to establish professional relationships with team members
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Student must be currently enrolled in a Graduate/Masters Level Program
- Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled