Summer 2019 Business Intelligence InternApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Paid Intern
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
The Business Intelligence team at CBS Interactive works in partnership with business stakeholders, providing actionable insight and recommendations about site and product performance in order to drive user growth, engagement and revenue opportunities. The Intern will be working on internal-facing projects like building dashboards for tracking traffic, prospects, conversion, and revenue. Diving into audience segmentation and profiling and helping with building an AB testing stack for analyzing site and page level performance.
In addition to these projects, they will also research 2 or 3 key competitors in the industry to help us understand how these competitors move users through content consumption.
- What do these companies seem to be doing that other companies in the industries are not?
- What can be gathered about their initiatives and growth strategies?
- Where are they focusing audience and what type of content seems to be the priority?
The intern will bring together the insights and analyses of their research and turn them into solid recommendations for our product and video teams to better understand how we can optimize our sites.
- Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm) but times may vary per team
- This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- A self-starter who is ready to take initiative
- Enthusiasm for turning data and analytical insights into tangible business tools
- Experience with Excel
- Experience with Tableau preferred
- Experience with SQL
- Minimum of 2 years of college study in a quantitative field: business, economics, statistics, computer science, information management, mathematics, or a related discipline with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Experience with Python
- Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled