Summer 2018 Product Manager Intern - GameSpotApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Paid Intern
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
This role will work closely with the GameSpot product management team who oversees all operations on GameSpot. During your time here, you will learn the lifecycle of a product feature, different development processes, be immersed in a fully functional team, and learn valuable PM skills.
The main project will be to design and run an A/B test or User Study to help us better understand video consumption and interests. The goal of this project is to design a feature that will improve a users experience on GameSpot. It will go through all the stages of research, design, development, launch, analyze, and set strategy for next steps.
At GameSpot, the Product and Engineering team cover all the Game sites at CBSi including GameSpot, Giant Bomb, and Comic Vine. There is no shortage of things to cover and there is a ton to learn about. We have a great team that is more than happy to step in and help out when needed. We are mostly looking for someone who's eager to learn and feels comfortable being a self starter.
- Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm) but times may vary per team
- This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
- Proficient in analytical thinking and basic statistics
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter with genuine interest in product management, business technology and is actively pursuing a career in product management
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word, experience with Google Apps is a plus
- Interest in tech and product management
Nice to have:
- Experience with user studies a plus.
- Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled