Summer 2018 Engineering Intern, iOS/tvOS - CBSNews.comApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Paid Intern
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
The engineering intern will work side-by-side with product owners developing and improving features on iOS and tvOS platforms supporting CBS News products. The intern will participate in activities required to develop and deploy a feature to market.
- Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm) but times may vary per team
- This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
- Familiar with programming languages such as C, C++, Swift, Objective C etc.
- Knowledge of REST/SOAP data APIsPassion about developing mobile and over-the-top platform applications
- Understanding of Objected or Protocol Oriented Programming concepts
- Thorough understanding of software design patterns and frameworks
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Understanding of mobile UX/UI paradigms
- We are seeking a self-starter who has a genuine interest in digital products and is actively pursuing a career in the media industry
- Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled