Sub-Editor - ZDNetApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- The Sub-Editor is a member of the ZDNet team, whose role is to support the quality and accuracy of editorial content published on the ZDNet website.
- You are responsible for sub-editing all content published to the ZDNet website across the Australia and Asia editorial regions, ensuring that spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure meet the standards of a world-leading news website.
- Production responsibilities such as on-site promotion of stories and content programming are incorporated into this role.
- Clinical attention to detail in sub-editing editorial content appearing on ZDNet, as journalists and editors file stories to you
- Ensuring articles meet requirements to be fit for publication
- Programming of ZDNet Australia, South-East Asia, and Indian carousels and home pages
- Creation and sending of newsletters on daily, weekly, and ad hoc basis
- Working with video contractors to sub-edit and decide which content to be converted into wochit content, as well as supplement wochit production
- Assisting with and managing social media and community interactions and promotions across all of ZDNet social platforms at both a local and global level (within certain windows of the day).
- Constant working relationship with Australia and Asia ZDNet editorial teams, and freelancers.
- Liaising with commercial team members where required for copy appearing in non-editorial areas.
- Ensuring style guide is up-to-date and remains relevant to the content on the site.
- Understanding and following journalist output to be able to recommend changes and corrections, until able to contribute content to the site.
- Take ownership of video creation process to ensure output goals are met.