Studio Production Manager - CBS.comApply
Truly premium content. At true scale. Only CBSi. CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
- Manage the schedule and production needs for the various business units using the studio.
- Manage all technical operations of studio and control room; Install, maintain, inventory and troubleshoot equipment in studio.
- Direct / technical direct “Live”, “Live to Tape” or VOD productions in Studio; Switch video input sources from one camera to another; Create graphics; Record / Stream shows
- Set-up, operate and offer daily crew support for audio-video equipment as required for optimizing “Live”, “Live to Tape” or VOD shoots in studio.
- Maintain IT needs for gear and computers in studio and control room for Network and Internet connectivity and Integrate and operate interactive video technology within studio productions, such as Skype, Google Hangouts, FaceTime, Telescope and other conferencing software.
- Perform audio and video data backups and file transfers as necessary and compress and digitize audio and video data; Ensure the safe storage and integrity of data.
- Manage training and process work flow for business units integrated into studio. Track equipment, gear and studio resources and set up best practices for studio operations.
- Maintain and oversee cleanliness and organization of studio and control room.
- Work with and offer support to various creative teams such as ET ONLINE, CNET, and GAMESPOT to facilitate daily production initiatives for social platforms.
- Studio projects may include show initiatives such as live shows for top CBS primetime reality shows i.e. Big Brother or Survivor.
- Use emerging social media platforms such as Facebook Live and Telescope to promote new comedies and dramas launching on CBS.
- Innovate the studio and control room with the latest technical equipment and software applications to keep CBSi in the forefront of emerging technical applications currently on the market.
- Minimum of 5 years technical experience of live production, broadcast and/or digital deliverables.
- Minimum of 5 years prior live technical director experience including strong knowledge of studio control room equipment i.e. switcher, audio board, cameras, encoders.
- Bachelor's level degree or equivalent experience.
- Must possess meticulousness, organizational, problem-solving abilities.
- Confident and comfortable working with multiple creative teams, personalities and voices.
- Must be creatively focused with the ability to proactively identify and resolve technical challenges through innovative solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and client/talent relationship building skills.
- Strong understanding and technical knowledge of production process from conception and bidding to final delivery.
- Experience producing live web content & mobile content.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.