Streaming Software EngineerApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
This is a core software engineering position for a new 24/7 streaming channel for CBS Interactive. The streaming engineer will be responsible for the end-to-end design, optimization, and evolution of our streaming content architecture and services.
- Develop, maintain, monitor, and improve media streaming and processing applications and services as we scale our new streaming products.
- Coordinate development efforts with engineers, scrum masters and product owners to ensure technical work is properly scoped and estimated.
- Interface with APIs, databases, and other cloud-based and remote systems, as well as firmware systems
- Collaborate with video and systems teams to ensure robust and redundant content transfer pipelines from studio sources to end user playback.
- Work with QA team to develop test plans and monitor issues, and provide 24/7 second-level support if needed.
24/7 Live Streaming services and applications for a new content network.
What you bring to the team:
- Minimum 3 Years experience developing robust content pipelines for streaming media services.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 4 years comparable engineering experience
- An ownership mindset comfortable troubleshooting and optimizing content delivery systems and applications.
- 2+ years creating and maintaining large scale real time/live video encoding, decoding, and streaming software systems.
- Excellent analytical,troubleshooting, and communication skills, and the ability to work with both local and distributed development teams.
You might also have –
- Experience utilizing cloud services, and basic cloud concepts such as scaling and distributed deployment.
- Fluency in C/C++ and common server side scripting languages (Ruby, Python, Perl,etc)
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix scripting and running Docker/Kubernetes containers.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled