CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
- Write multiple articles daily about sports betting odds that draw readers in.
- React to breaking sports news, using sources in Vegas to produce quick-hit stories on changing odds.
- Develop and execute story ideas, using industry expertise and contacts, that drive reader engagement and enhance the SportsLine brand.
- Write analytical matchup previews on all sports, with a focus on NFL.
- Communicate regularly with senior editor and marketing manager on ways to attract the biggest possible readership; Use social media to build audience.
- Write premium articles that convert non-subscribers to subscribers.
- Plan story ideas for every sport throughout the year and maintain story calendar focusing on the biggest betting events.
- Identify angles that attract the biggest audiences and continuously tweak approaches to maximize reach.
- Manage futures content -- such as Updated Odds to win Super Bowl 52, Updated NFL Win Projections, Updated Odds to win the College Football Playoff – with an eye toward fresh angles and SEO traffic.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as a professional writer covering sports or sports betting
- Enthusiastic attitude and the ability to work independently with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail; your copy requires little to no editing
- Contacts in the sports betting industry, or the ability to quickly develop them.
- The ability to learn a content management system and publish your stories directly.
- Experience promoting your content on social media.
- Experience tracking reader engagement through Google Analytics, Omniture and other tools.
- Editing experience