CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- Write and publish a mix of news and news features
- Scan news sites, press releases and social media feeds for stories that are relevant to TechRepublic's audience of technologists and business decision makers
- Interview CEOs, executives, thought leaders and industry analysts and distill their comments, wisdom and experience into actionable information with clear takeaways
- Develop industry sources in B2B technology
- Use analytics and other tools to track and optimize story performance
- Use social media to help build audience and develop community
- Appear in TechRepublic videos to discuss your articles on camera
- You'll publish timely and authoritative stories on B2B technology to support the brand's core mission, attract new readers, and drive user engagement.
- Develop feature stories, how-tos, and best-practice stories that provide deeper value to readers, demonstrate the brand's authority, drive traffic and help technology consumers make important buying decisions.
- Occasional travel to major technology conferences to represent TechRepublic and cover the event with articles, photos and video interviews.
- 3+ years of experience as a working journalist
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in journalism, English, communications, or a related field
- Ability to write clean copy, write quickly, and show solid judgement in selecting stories
- An understanding of multi-platform reporting techniques (online writing, video and photo)
- Must be able to work in fast-paced environment and deal with daily deadlines
- An understanding of tech and business jargon and a curiosity about tech innovation
- High standards of quality and journalistic integrity
- Highly professional, able to set a strong example of business conduct and exemplify the team's high-performance culture
- Experience writing for a B2B audience
- Online media experience
- Experience working as a technology or business journalist
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled