Staff Writer - The DoctorsApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- Writing 4-6 stories daily for publication on FTT and/or The Doctors, on a variety of topics prioritized by your assignment editor
- Crafting story pitches to the assignment editors
- Working within SEO guidelines to write well-crafted headlines and internal links to brand stories
- Selecting photos to fit relevant news stories
- Maintain consistent brand tone in style and copy
- Assist in the incorporation of any changes to copy as dictated by editors and the legal team
- Available for occasional early / late and weekend work
- We are committed to working hard and supporting the broadcast content, hosts, producers, and entire team to create engaging content online on our website as well as syndicated sites.
- Contributing to a team that is very open to a collaborative approach to new story concepts via staff writer pitches, as long as it adheres to our brand tone.
- Increasing unique visitors to the site and audience retention through the quick publication of interesting and clickable content.
- Working with show producers to craft accurate, compelling stories.
- 3+ years creating content for a digital platform
- A keen awareness of a digital media landscape that is constantly evolving and adapting as technology changes and audiences shift their attention and how that will affect our brand
- Strong editorial judgment and a keen grasp of what content engages our viewers/readers.
- The ability to thrives in an environment that requires both speed and accuracy
- Comfort with receiving feedback on both line edits and overall structural changes to the story
- The ability to multitask
- Flexibility to prioritize duties based on changing needs.
- Attention to detail and ability to track and update legal changes through final approval
- Enjoy being a part of a team and providing editorial support to team members
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- CMS experience
- An undeniable appetite and enthusiasm for working in an environment that can be different every day—and an unmistakable sense of urgency and ambition
- A journalism background in a digital newsroom
- The ability to keep your calm during a crisis. We’re committed to working hard and holding ourselves accountable but also encouraging the creative, competitive edge that naturally emerges when you actually love where you work. No screaming allowed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled