Sr. Software Developer - SportslineApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Brentwood, TN, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
SportsLine is a subscription product from CBS Sports that offers premium picks from Vegas experts, advanced computer simulations and projections, and unique, compelling content.
SportsLine seeks a developer with a primary focus on backend Java, but also a passion for sports. You will be creative, self-motivated, a quick study, and willing to develop new skills while constantly improving existing abilities. You should also be a strong multi-tasker with solid time-management skills. To be successful at this job, you need to bring a winning attitude and mad coding skills.
- Work closely with a team of talented sports analysts to help build out the latest and greatest sports products on the internet
- Developing fantasy products to be used by premium subscribers
- Creating tools that feature Sportsline advanced stats and predictions
- Building new fantasy sports and daily fantasy sports products
- Creating new products focused on sports betting and advanced sports statistics
- Develop Systems that are self healing, self aware, and generally awesome
What you bring to the team:
- 3-5 years of design and development experience with JAVA EE 7/8
- 2 years experience with dependency injection (Spring Framework preferred)
- Experience with ORM frameworks (Hibernate preferred)
- Experience with client-side frameworks such as Backbone.js, AngularJS, Ember.js (preferred)
- Experience implementing and supporting high performance API systems.
- Able to participate in an on call schedule. We write it, we run it, we monitor it, we support it!
You may also have:
- In-depth understanding of relational databases (MySQL preferred) and database design.
- Understanding of highly available systems, horizontal scaling and load balancing.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled