Sr. Product Manager, DataApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- You will be responsible for actively leading bi-weekly sprint cycles and prioritizing quarterly backlogs that will cover the following areas of business:
- Owning all user stories and requirements actively being worked on across design and engineering groups in the current sprint. In parallel, you will be in constant grooming and prioritization of the advanced sports data roadmap.
- Sports data touches every property in the CBS Sports portfolio. You will become the sports data expert for CBS and work across all the brands collecting deep insights into how they can better leverage sports data for their users. Your eye for detail will synthesize requests and formulate an overarching strategy to satisfy multiple businesses.
- Two core pillars over the next 5 years harness machine learning and artificial intelligence to model next gen game projections and state of the art gambling insights. You will stay educated in the market place to evaluate how competitors build on these technologies and how advancements in ML & AI can be leveraged in our business.
- Drive data consistency across all our platforms. The analytics we show are as important as the words we write. Naming conventions & data points need to be the same across every experience and you will be our eye in the sky holding us to it.
- Product evangelize feature updates, production pushes, and maintenance periods for the sports data technology team through stakeholder workshops and tutorial micro-sites.
- Advocate for our core gambling and fantasy audience across all services. Constantly evaluate how the current CBS Sports ecosystem can improve with richer data sets.
- Partner with third party data providers to minimize failures and concept creative solutions to fallback on when service is jeopardized.
- Champion CBS Sports customers and advocate for our users across all stakeholder groups with the support of data, research, & business insights. Partner with CBS Market Research and Customer Service to monitor the pulse of our core loyalists.
- 4+ years of Product Management experience working on rich data experiences.
- Strong experience reviewing user & engagement analytics to generate product hypothesis.
- A background in an agile development team as a product owner or active participant.
- The desire to push your product growth skills that will feed into a large gambling & fantasy strategy grounded in the frameworks of retention, activation, engagement, churn and resurrection.
- Background in driving multiple A/B tests simultaneously across customer segments to validate hypotheses.
- Strong beliefs, loosely held; with a willingness to defend your product decisions yet also have your opinion changed.
- You have the ability to communicate product decisions clearly and effectively across all functions and levels.
- Desire or experience collaborating, iterating, and testing with Design and Engineering to discover the solutions that exceed user expectations.
- A knowledge of sports gambling and fantasy sports will be great but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled