Sr Manager, Financial Planning and AnalysisApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
As CBS News digital continues to grow and expand, we are looking for a leader for our Financial Planning & analysis team to support our News business. Our Executive leadership relies heavily on the Financial Planning & Analysis team to shape strategy and inform important business decisions with actionable data-driven insights.
- You’ll be responsible for the budgeting and forecasting of the CBS News digital business.
- You’ll be responsible for creating complex financial models to support the budgeting, forecasting and expansion of the CBS News digital business
- You’ll be responsible for the day to day financial oversight of the CBS News digital business
- You’ll manage the close, forecast and budgeting for the digital subscription product collaborating closely with FP&A and Accounting every month
- You’ll be responsible for the News digital P&L
- You’ll create strategic value-added analyses around growth opportunities, expense optimization, and core business metrics and to drive better decisions and results
In this role, you will need to be visionary self-starter who will collaborate with various strategic partners across the News business. As the Financial Planning and Analysis Sr. Manager, you will be able to work effectively, autonomously and drive strategy and effective decision making cross-functionally with Data Products, Yield, Engineering, Product, Business Intelligence, and Accounting. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and feel comfortable manipulating large data sets to generate actionable insights and results.
What you bring to the team:
- Minimum 6-10 years of experience in highly analytical environment – digital finance, finance, consulting firm, investment bank, corporate strategy
- P&L management experience required
- Strong communicator with the ability to moderate based on audience and demonstrate an ability to partner with a range of cross functional partners
- Expert/advanced expertise in excel, and experience in preparing complex financial models and manipulating large datasets
- BS in Finance, Economics, Marketing or related field preferred
- Ambitious, strong work ethic, accurate and attention to detail required
You might also have:
- Prior people management experience
- MBA a plus
- IBM/TM1/Cognos experience
- SQL experience a plus
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled