Sr Director, Content Curation and MetadataApply
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world’s largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive’s brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
- Manage the daily video curation team for CBS All Access products in close partnership with the operations team and CBS affiliate group
- Maintain and execute a curation and metadata roadmap, while architecting new workflows to help scale - continuously look for ways to improve processes and increase velocity and quality of output
- Work with VP, Video Operations on the workflow mapping for the processing of CBS digital video assets measured against satisfaction metrics and ensure changing complex business rules and needs are reflected in operations roadmaps with ongoing international expansion
- Create metadata specifications and standards of CBS All Access
- Fix, troubleshoot, and debug any metadata or curation issues on CBS All Access and provide root cause analyses for all major issues
- Manage internal and third party engineering teams to assure projects get done on time
- Other additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Responsible for the CBS All Access Live TV operations team and workflow
- Own key video migration projects from start to finish
- Manage the affiliate group relationship
- Oversee the live TV monthly streaming costs
- Minimum 10 years in operations roles - the ideal candidate will have spent several years of their career in customer facing roles in the field of video, visual effects delivering software architecture and a proven record of effective collaborations across multiple internal organizations and interactions with partners and customers
- Proven track record with CMS Content Publishing and understanding of content supply chain and content publishing processes
- Expertise in cloud technology, with a record of operating scalable services using a mix of data, private and public clouds is preferred
- Experience developing and executing operating plans in compliance with security, quality, cost, and delivery results
- Developing and executing operations strategy in support of broader business goals
- Strong history of driving service automation and scripting to improve operational efficiency and quality
- Solid project management capabilities
- Experience in streaming and video operations is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, media or similar fields preferred