Sportsline - Software Engineering ManagerApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- Provide technical/software development leadership and architectural guidance.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Technical Teams to understand the needs of the business and deliver world class products to a passionate user base.
- Work in a fast-paced AGILE environment. This should be second nature (TDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc.) with evolutionary architecture and prototyping, experience with various databases and configuration/deployment/testing solutions.
- Perform hands-on participation in team coding, developing interfaces for web applications, services and future technology.
- Review developers' code, provide feedback, and develop team knowledge.
- Collaborate with technical and business resources, gathering and documenting requirements and formulating action plans.
- Present designs and plans to executive management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years of team leadership and managing engineering teams in a fast-paced, AGILE environment.
- Excellence in problem solving, strategic thinking, and working in a team-oriented environment
- Experience mentoring developers
- Experience developing and using web based APIs
- Experience with open source solutions, using and deploying on cloud based platforms
- Experience with JAVA EE 7/8
- Experience with dependency injection (Spring Framework preferred)
- Experience with ORM frameworks (Hibernate preferred)
- Experience with client-side frameworks such as Ember.js, AngularJS and React
- Deep understanding of current web technologies and trends, including Linux, RESTful APIs, Relational & NoSQL Datastores(MySQL, MongoDB), among others.
- A passion for sports, fantasy sports and daily fantasy
- Good understanding of server and cloud computing technologies from providers such as AWS, GCP and Azure
- Experience with Git/GitHub, BitBucket or similar version control systems
- Experience in building very high traffic web assets
- Any experience using Node.js, Scala, Jenkins, Selenium, Python, Docker
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled