CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world’s largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive’s brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
- CES - CES is the world's gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. Our editors bring you complete coverage from the International Consumer Electronics Show, and scour the showroom floor for the hottest new tech gadgets around.
- Roadshow - The ultimate guide to the world of modern motoring. From tech updates to expert reviews, from Aston Martin to Uber and beyond, Roadshow brings expert perspective to the entire industry. We'll give you unbiased buying advice and reporting on everything that moves you today, plus insight into everything that will move you a decade from now. We hope you enjoy the ride!
- Smart Home - Smart home technology promises to make your living space more comfortable, more convenient, and more secure. We're here to put those claims to the test to help you find the right gadgets for your home.
- ZDNet Smart Cities & TechRepublic Smart Cities - Smart cities integrate the Internet of Things, big data, cloud computing, mobile apps, and other IT innovation to improve the lives of citizens.
- ZDNet & TechRepublic to HTTPS - Moving to HTTPS provides critical security and data integrity for both our websites and our users' personal information. HTTPS is also a requirement for many new browser features, particularly those required for progressive web apps.
- ZDNet & TechRepublic on Google AMP - The Google AMP Project is an open-source initiative aiming to make the web better for all. The project enables the creation of websites and ads that are consistently fast, beautiful and high-performing across devices and distribution platforms.
- E3 - E3 is the largest video game conference in the world. The GameSpot and Giant Bomb editors bring you complete coverage of E3, interviews with the top game developers, and live daytime and after dark shows. If something interesting happens in video games, the CBSi Games group is there to cover it.
- Daily Livestreams - Every day GameSpot and Giant Bomb host live shows covering the latest in the gaming world as well as original content. The CBSi Games engineering team is responsible for creating and managing a full set of livestream and user interaction tools.
- Huge Video Game and Comic Book Wikis - The CBSi Games group is responsible for two of the largest Video Game And Comic Book wikis in the world. With over 600,000 comic books and over 60,000 video games the Games group maintains some of the most comprehensive wikis covering these subjects. We build and maintain the wiki editing tools, APIs, and the browsing experience.
- Metacritic Metascore - Metacritic aggregates music, game, tv, and movie reviews from the leading critics. Only Metacritic.com uses METASCORES, which let you know at a glance how each item was reviewed. Metacritic’s proprietary Metascore distills the opinions of the most respected critics writing online and in print to a single number.
- TV Listings - Find local TV listings, watch full episodes of your favorite TV Shows and read the latest breaking news on TV shows, celebrities and movies.
- Watch This Now! - With 1700 shows available (and rising!), it keeps getting harder to find something to watch, but fear not! Our TV-obsessed editors hand-pick the best shows daily, including undiscovered and hidden gems you’ll want to tell your friends about. Check back daily or subscribe to get all the best new recommendations!
- You have at least 2+ year(s) development experience working with the following technologies:
- Web Standards, the DOM, cross-browser & cross-platform HTML
- CSS positioning, HTML/CSS architecture
- PHP or equivalent server-side web development language (ASP.net, JSP etc.)
- Java or equivalent programming language (C#, C, C++, Objective C, etc.)
- XML or JSON
- Ability to work as part of a close-knit cross-functional team
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a high-level of accountability
- Ability to estimate development schedules
- Some experience or knowledge with the following technologies:
- Experience with Vue, Angular, React, jQuery, SASS, Symfony, Laravel, Build Systems
- Knowledge of Agile and/or similar development methodologies
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled