Software Engineer Mobile, iOSApply
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world’s largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive’s brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
- Technical development, debugging, and delivery of best-in-class tvOS and iOS native applications
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Continuously improve the applications - find and fix bugs while improving application performance
- Discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Implement upgrades, rebuilds and additional porting of applications
- Juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment
- Evaluate opportunities to bring new features to mobile users from a technical perspective
- Create technical requirements documentation based on Product requirements
- Build strong working relationships with coworkers, customers (internal and external), and company management
- Additional other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Program tvOS and iOS applications
- Enhanced video viewing experience
- Excellent programming skills in Swift
- In-depth knowledge of the iOS platform and deep familiarity with Xcode
- Sound programming fundamentals: experience working with memory management, multi-threaded programming, animations, etc.
- Experience working on UI design for all size-classes using storyboards and xibs
- Acted as a key contributor to at least one publically released native iPhone application
- Experience in consuming RESTful APIs to connect with back-end services
- Background supporting the integration of rich media assets, including video, into mobile properties
- Experience integrating ad serving products and analytics/reporting tools in building iOS apps
- Experience working with Agile development processes
- Very strong interpersonal skills - must be able to demonstrate an ability to work well with other non-technical members of the team
- Minimum 3 years of iOS development experience
- Continuous Build & Test Automation experience
- Experience working with entertainment, games, news, or sports-related properties preferred
- Understanding of streaming video and DRM concepts