CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
This is a software engineering position for the backend of CBS.com. Are you a developer interested in new media, social activities and television? CBS Interactive is developing the next generation of multimedia and cross-platform entertainment. The team at CBS.com values software which exemplifies simplicity of design, maintainability and foundational robustness.
- Maintain and develop the backend API that serves the CBS.com site through web, mobile sites, and mobile apps.
- Design and deliver efficient, distributed apps using state-of-the art technology.
- Communicate effectively between the engineering and product teams.
- Keep the site up and running efficiently.
- Develop new features as required by the various CBS.com clients.
- Develop reporting, dashboards and automation for current and future projects.
- Develop reliable testing and monitoring for new features.
- Engineer new backend services, delivered through RESTful endpoints.
- Provide support for new features across all platforms that CBS.com delivers to.
You have –
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ Years of product driven software development in Java.
- An understanding of best practices and experience using standard java frameworks, such as Spring, Hibernate
- Experience with MVC style development
You might also have –
- Experience with scripting in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Experience with Solr/Lucene.
- Experience with Hbase.
- Experience with Continuous Integration servers, such as Jenkins.
- Experience with writing RESTful services.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.