Software Engineer - CBS Sports.com
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse, Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
CBSSports.com provides premium online and mobile content to the connected sports fan, including live and on-demand video, in-depth analysis, breaking news, and scores and statistics across high school, college, and pro sports. CBSSports.com is part of CBS Interactive's portfolio of multi-platform brands, which includes premier Fantasy offerings, high school sports leader MaxPreps, 247Sports, Scout and CBS Interactive Advanced Media producing more than 130 official collegiate athletic sites.
Do you have a passion for Sports? Do you love to solve problems and develop code? Do you have strong initiative, creative thinking and ability to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment? Do you have the ability to discover the true requirements of underlying feature requests and recommend alternative technical and business approaches? Are you experienced with Java, Spring, node.js and NoSQL databases? If you answered yes, then CBS Sports may be looking for you! CBSSports.com is looking for an experienced Software Engineer for our Data and Feeds API development team.
The ideal candidate will have experience writing high volume APIs and architecting solid technical solutions to meet challenging issues. As part of the Data and Feeds team you will work with talented developers designing and building out system enhancements and integrations supporting the latest and greatest website for sports on the internet. To be successful at this job, you need to bring a winning attitude, innovative coding skills and proven teamwork experience.
- Support API development using disparate data sources
- Work closely with the wider data, engineering, and product teams cross-functionally to implement data-driven solutions
- Work with large volumes of data to enhance APIs
- Work backward from analytical and experimental requirements to devise data solutions
- Build smarter products based on architectural analysis
- Supply real-time data to graphics engines in support of broadcast/streaming platforms
- Implement innovative solutions to power the next generation of CBS Sports scoring products
- Integrate new APIs to provide a broader range of data to CBS Sports
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- 1-2 years of Java development experience (Spring Framework preferred)
- 1-2 years of experience using MongoDB, MySQL, Memcache
- 1-2 years of experience using New Relic Monitoring
- 1-2 years of experience using RabbitMQ (AMQP)
- 1-2 years of experience Java and Spring Framework development experience
- Experience maintaining, troubleshooting, and expanding existing API frameworks
- Experience writing APIs (preferably RESTful)
- Experience with Node.js a plus
- Experience with Coffeescript a plus
- Strong grasp of the SDLC including CI build process and products (Atlassian a plus).
You might also have –
- Experience with Cloud Technologies/Virtualization (i.e. Amazon AWS)
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled