Software Developer - AndroidApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
When All Access was launched, CBS became the first broadcast company to create a paid service without partnering with a paid cable provider. In short, we broke new ground in the industry by providing robust, interactive services with unprecedented access to local content. At the same time, we built an innovative and exciting work environment to inspire and reward the cutting-edge ideas, creativity, and technical/operational expertise of our managers and employees.
- Responsible for the technical development, debugging, and delivery of best- in-class mobile applications.
- Ability to work across a wide range of projects, each with specific functional and feature requirements.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, user interface designers, platform engineers, and multiple groups across CBS to define and implement product features.
- Build high-level user interfaces using rapid prototyping methodologies.
- Design application frameworks for use across the multiple products.
- Work with internal technical teams to identify and build platform elements required to support key mobile product features.
- Create Technical Requirements Documentation based on Product
- Requirement Documents.
- Implement upgrades, rebuilds and additional porting of applications.
- Juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results- oriented environment.
- Results- driven, able and willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Evaluate opportunities to bring new product features and content to mobile users from a technical perspective.
- Build strong working relationships with coworkers, customers (internal and external), and company management
You have –
- Thorough knowledge of the Android platform and deep familiarity with Android Material Design guidelines.
- Expert in Java and/or Kotlin, App Components, UI Frameworks and development tools.
- Familiarity with development design patterns like MVVM
- Good understanding of networking, local data caching strategies and multi-tasking on Android.
- Acted as a key contributor to at least one publically released native Android application.
- Deep familiarity with integration of rich media assets, including video, into mobile properties.
- Ability to work in a cross- functional team alongside other developers contributing to the same code base library.
- Experience working with both Agile and Waterfall development processes.
- Very strong interpersonal skills; must be able to demonstrate an
- ability to work well with other non- technical members of the development team.
- Minimum 2 years of Android development experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science / Engineering or related field is needed. Masters would be preferred.
- Continuous Build & Test Automation experience
- Demonstrated ability to build intuitive user interfaces for mobile applications.
- Experience working with entertainment, games, news, or sports-related properties preferred.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled