Social Media Manager, Entertainment TonightApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- Manage a team of social media producers, who create content for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Work closely and collaboratively across editorial, broadcast, paid social, PR and affiliate teams to champion social-first ideas and execute unique activations, events and strategies.
- Review social content to make sure it’s accurate, on-brand and presents a unique perspective.
- Communicate reporting on the brand’s social media presence to stakeholders and executives. Use those findings to guide our strategy, both on your team and wider.
- Train editorial, broadcast and video team members on social media best practices.
- Oversee all staffing needs for social media publishing and community management.
- May include occasional or scheduled shifts that require night and weekend work.
- Ideating platform-specific activations and tactics for breaking news and the large tentpole events (GRAMMYs, Oscars, Comic-Con) as well as set visits, film premieres, and exclusive interviews.
- Continuously brainstorming and implementing new ways to present our content -- from breaking news, exclusive sit-down interviews, features -- to a wider audience.
- A journalism background in a digital newsroom, specifically 5+ years working in social or digital media.
- A competitive nature that thrives in a high-pressure environment that requires both speed and accuracy.
- An unironic love of pop culture.
- Willingness to work early morning hours and on weekends, if necessary.
- The ability to multitask.
- Flexibility to re-prioritize duties based on breaking news.
- Prior experience with Photoshop or basic graphic design skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- An undeniable appetite and enthusiasm for working in an environment that can be different every day—and an unmistakable sense of urgency and ambition.
- A keen awareness of a social media landscape that is constantly evolving and adapting as technology changes and audiences shift their attention and how that will affect our brand.
- The ability to keep your calm during a crisis. We’re committed to working hard and holding ourselves accountable but also encouraging the creative, competitive edge that naturally emerges when you actually love where you work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled