Social Media ManagerApply
Our social teams are responsible for developing and producing compelling stories—as told through video, editorial, and social platforms—that promote programming for both CBS and CBS All Access. Regardless of the medium, our team also optimizes the best of CBSi's content to drive fan acquisition, engagement, and retention by leveraging data analytics, analyzing the competitive landscape, and recognizing opportunities for innovation in this always-on world.
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for setting the social strategy for the main CBS brand as well as programming and maintaining all the @CBS social accounts. The ideal candidate for this position has extensive experience creating social content, writing for social audiences and establishing a voice for networks/brands on social media. The ideal candidate also thrives in a creative, collaborative, and results-oriented environment.
Craft the social media strategy for the main CBS brand.
Develop and execute social content and programming strategies to support the lineup of CBS series and specials across multiple social channels (FB, Twitter, Messenger and future platforms) to support marketing and business objectives.
Collaborate with internal business units (News, Sports, etc) to sync and prioritize content calendars to ensure that @CBS is representing the full breadth of Network priorities.
Keep a well documented and organized publishing calendar.
Collaborate with designers and video editors to execute original editorial and video concepts to support social strategies.
Track performance and results of campaigns and initiatives to ensure social performance and business objectives are being met.
Implement data tagging on all posts to support social BI efforts.
- 5 years experience producing custom social content and managing brand social accounts, preferably in entertainment.
- Experience developing and creating visuals and video optimized for sharing.
- Deep understanding of publishing on various social platforms and nuances of the end-user experience on each.
- Must be detail-oriented and a stickler for grammar and consistency in voice.
- Must be able to see the broader picture of social as it relates to the TV landscape.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about television and pop culture.
- Great communication skills and ability to speak to all levels of management.
- Ability to mine and leverage social and site data to develop content quickly against social trends.
- Willingness to get in the weeds as this role sets and executes social strategy.
- Must be able to provide samples of prior work.