Social Media Designer - ETonline.comApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
We’re looking for a graphic designer with video editing skills to create thoughtful and engaging social-first content for Entertainment Tonight’s social media platforms.
- Manage the design for ET's multiple social media platforms.
- Create thoughtful and considered graphics for our various social media platforms under tight news-driven deadlines.
- Work with our video team to produce short social media videos around a variety of pop culture and entertainment news topics.
- Brainstorm, research, and pitch new content ideas that will keep the Entertainment Tonight brand relevant and innovative.
- Work with the social media team to understand our online audience, and be in a position to adjust design strategies as needed.
- Work occasional night and weekends as needed for special event coverage.
- Brainstorm and create design templates for our social media team to use on a frequent basis
- Develop a consistent look and strategy for ET's Instagram Stories.
- Cover breaking news, trends, and tentpole events in entertainment news and pop culture.
- Work with producers, editors, and the social team to craft compelling stories around Entertainment Tonight’s exclusive reporting.
- Later this year, CBSi will be launching an ET-branded streaming network. ETonline staff will be deeply involved in developing, producing and distributing content for and from that platform.
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years graphic design and video editing experience for social media accounts or online publications.
- You must know Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, and Premiere.
- An unironic love of pop culture, and an understanding of when things are too #brand or /r/FellowKids.
- A curiosity for insights, and need for constant improvement and adjustment in crafting better content.
- A competitive nature that thrives in an environment that requires both speed and accuracy.
- Comfort with receiving feedback on both edits and overall structural changes to the story.
- Ability to multitask and to prioritize duties based on breaking news or online trends.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled