Service Support Engineer - Download.comApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
- Actively monitor and help improve internal monitoring dashboards, visualizations, and alerting mechanisms for all production applications and supporting environments.
- Take responsibility for all production affecting issues by logging and responding to technical support cases in a help-desk ticketing system.
- Be accountable for multiple SLAs governing customer response and issue communication.
- Execute and help develop new production run-books which outline common resolution actions to be taken when specific issues are encountered.
- Participate in an on-call schedule to cover support incidents which occur outside of normal business hours.
- Document and communicate root cause and impact analysis post issue resolution within published department SLAs.
- Escalate issues which cannot be directly addressed to the appropriate engineering group and manage the corresponding customer communication.
- Partner with multiple internal groups to develop the strong working relationships needed to implement all the above.
- Implement monitoring instrumentation to expand our ability to report against software performance metrics.
- Invent and implement new ways to reduce time between failures.
- Produce in-depth analysis and make recommendations for improving site performance.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years in a software related support role which requires managing customer interactions.
- Experience with help desk ticketing systems as well as development ticketing tools such as JIRA.
- Experience in production support for consumer facing web based applications.
- Strong analytical skills needed to write highly detailed root cause and impact analysis documentation at the conclusion of any production impacting issue.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with monitoring tools and the relevant knowledge needed to grow our ability to detect problems before they are reported by our customers.
- Experience with writing technical documentation within an internal Wiki.
- General knowledge of server operating systems, databases, application programming frameworks, and other systems used to operate a modern application ecosystem.
- An understanding of cost analysis as it pertains to modeling business impact due to a customer facing outage.