Senior VizRT Designer/AnimatorApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- CBS News Digital is seeking a Senior VizRT Designer to create and manage template-driven motion design for our multi-platform live news broadcast, CBSN.
- The successful candidate must possess a thorough technical and creative fluency in VizRT, with demonstrated experience in building thoughtful and efficient motion design systems, scenes and templates. Candidate must have practical and extensive expertise in Transition Logic and Template Wizard.
- The candidate’s reel will illustrate a mature grasp of motion design fundamentals, and feature animations that are dynamic, refined, fluid, and establish consistent motion logics.
- We seek a technically-minded designer who lives and breathes motion design and emerging technologies, whose work displays attention to detail, a strong command of typographic design, and an aesthetic that is never behind our current moment.
- The successful candidate must be capable of working in a high-pressure, fast-changing live news environment; balancing competing priorities diplomatically and quickly.
- Oversee the creation of day-of show template-driven and custom motion graphics (lowers, phoners, maps, infographics, etc…) using VizRT, After Effects, and other tools
- Create custom graphics packages for special reports.
- Build new - and overhaul existing - Viz templates and transitions using Template Wizard, Transition Logic, and scripting.
- Train and develop motion designers in Viz
- Coordinate with wider CBS News broadcast art and motion departments, to ensure compatibility and consistency in designs and templates.
- Work creatively and collaboratively with other staff members, including producers, engineering and production control staff.
- Incorporating CBS News visual brand sensibilities in all designs, consistently and efficiently.
- Lead in the execution of a pending top-down re-design of our entire CBSN graphics package.
- Manage our templates and GFX libraries, streamline GFX workflows, and build and maintaining style and technical guides.
- 5+ years as motion graphics designer in live television, digital media or online news.
- Thorough technical and creative fluency in VizRT, with demonstrated experience in building thoughtful and efficient motion design systems, scenes and templates.
- Extensive expertise in Transition Logic and Template Wizard.
- Demonstrated ability to create graphics and visual displays while integrating sound editorial judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast paced media environment, and to collaborate productively and efficiently with editorial, technical and producer teams
- Experience with After Effects, Adobe CC, Cinema 4D/Maya/other 3D programs
- Schedule flexibility, including occasional early mornings, late nights and weekends.
- Candidates must send a reel when they apply
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled