Senior Video Encoding Engineer (VEE)Apply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
The Video Technology team develops industry leading online and mobile video delivery systems and IP for CBS.com, CBSSports.com, CBS News, CNET, GameSpot.com, and the entire suite of CBS Interactive sites. Our team is responsible for the delivery of premium content to millions of people every day. We set company-wide video standards and help internal business units integrate the video delivery stack into their specific online products. Additionally, the team serves as the company’s information resource on current and future trends in digital video. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in doing high-visibility, mission-critical work.
You’ll be an integral part of the central Video Technology team, working with other video tech engineers to build and release products for various platforms like Desktop, OTT, Mobile. We are responsible for encoding our video streams at the best quality possible, no matter what the content, viewing device or network condition. We are seeking a talented Principal Engineer who has experience working with video codecs like H264, H265, VP9 along with HLS/DASH manifest. You will be working on our video encoding platform and scaling it further to cloud infrastructure like AWS, GCP. Additionally, you will also be responsible for maintaining and developing encoding web tool used by publisher on daily basis for managing encoding jobs and creating various reports. We are seeking a video encoding engineer who will help drive our system’s evolution.
- Work with other engineers to maintain and evolve video encoding platform.
- Investigate and troubleshoot video encoding issues.
- Field questions and requests from site publishers regarding video encoding.
- Design API’s and partner with other teams to build integrations with their CMS.
- Work closely with the QA coordinator to facilitate testing across a variety of devices.
- Optimize our video encoding platform on AWS/GCP Cloud Infrastructure.
- Work on integrating video encoding platform with multi-DRM and right management systems.
- Upgrade Video Encoding User Interface Tool.
- Work on the latest next-gen video codecs.
What you bring to the team:
- 3+ years proven experience developing video encoding stack.
- Experience coding in PHP, Java, HTML, CSS, Javscript Frameworks, MySQL
- Experience with H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP9, AAC video and audio codec standards
- Experience with container formats, transmuxing and streaming protocols (DASH/HLS).
- Experience working on cloud infrastructure like AWS, GCP.
- Excellent understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design.
- Experience with technical writing and design documentation.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled