Senior Video Editor, CBS Sports DigitalApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
CBSSports.com provides premium online and mobile content to the connected sports fan, including live and on-demand video, in-depth analysis, breaking news, and scores and statistics across high school, college, and pro sports. CBSSports.com is part of CBS Interactive's portfolio of multiplatform brands, which includes premier Fantasy offerings, high school sports leader MaxPreps, 247Sports, Scout and CBS Interactive Advanced Media producing more than 130 official collegiate athletic sites.
The main function of the Craft Editor is to provide video editing services utilizing the Adobe suite of post-production software. The individual will provide professional on air performance in all facets of the network, as well as provide additional input into other forms of sales/promotion materials. Quick turnaround time and great communication is key. We bring our passion for sports and love of our work, serving up sports content to fans everywhere, and this role will help us succeed in that mission.
- Edit and conform video footage into digital content utilizing field notes, beatsheets, and other paper edits
- Creation of features, elements, sponsored vignettes and other supportive marketing segments
- Possible remote and news gathering productions including eng on live and specialty shoots for CBS Sports Digital
- Work directly with producers, and programming management communicating and updating information as necessary in regards to schedule/deadlines
- Participate in planning meetings with creative team as needed
- Provide direction to video editors regarding content creation as needed
- Work on post-production projects for CBS Sports Digital and cross functional platforms
- Edit a variety of short and long-form projects including digital broadcast and VOD programming
- Create animated graphics for use in advertising, sizzle reels, post-produced and live programming
- Assist in the development of new programming concepts
- Other duties as assigned
Works closely with CBS Sports Digital to create compelling content for customers on CBS Sports Digital platforms
You have –
- Bachelor’s Degree or technical
- 5+ years experience in producing and editing in a professional environment
- Experience in sports content editing
- Strong story telling skills
- Strong background in Full Tapeless workflow and be fluent with the Adobe suite of post-production software – fluency in After Effects and Photoshop graphic programs
- An understanding of the elements of effective promotion and program formatting
- Ability to operate in a production editing facility with superior efficiency
- Must excel in prioritizing and multitasking
- Ability to communicate in a positive and professional manner – ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with individuals at all levels of the organization, particularly with of the highest level
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work fluently with MAC and Windows PC workstations
- Ability to work autonomously
You might also have –
- Camera operator experience
- Knowledge of sports
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.