Senior UX Designer - CBS All AccessApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
We are an enthusiastic group of professionals in the entertainment division of CBS Interactive, a premiere Los Angeles based tech company.
Brands include all CBS Entertainment interactive properties including the CBS app, CBS.com and our premiere streaming service, CBS All Access.
- As a Sr. UX Designer you will join a diverse team of creatives working on CBSi Digital Platforms spanning Web, OTT Devices, iOS, tvOS, Android and Android TV.
- Apply your expertise in user experience design, creative problem solving, user research and analysis to develop viable solutions for streaming video products through all phases of development from concept to production.
- You will assist in defining and leading UX design direction while liaising across multiple groups including product, design, marketing and engineering in conjunction with executive stakeholders.
- We work in an Agile workflow with scrum teams assigned for each digital platform.
- UX Designers communicate daily across teams to actively engage on guiding our product design and development efforts.
- We want you to assist in identifying opportunity spaces for advancing product solutions that effectively balance user-centric design with business objectives.
- Bring your enthusiasm for analyzing information, gathering insights, advocating for user-centric solutions and collaborating alongside a diverse team.
- Analyze and incorporate research data to inform your design decisions, iterations, and prototypes that capture design intent and simulate user journeys.
- You will be encouraged to strive for continuous learning to expand your knowledge, elevate your skills and broaden your talents.
CBS is the number one TV network in the country, one of the largest creators of content in the world, and a pioneer in digital streaming entertainment. At our Burbank design studio, designers will have the opportunity to work on properties like CBS.com, The CBS App, CBS All Access and more across all platforms including mobile and OTT for devices like Roku and Apple TV. It's not an understatement to say that the designs that come out of this division contribute to the overall success of our company.
You have –
- Minimum 3 years professional experience with a solid portfolio showcasing a well-rounded range of work and thoughtful approach to UX design and crafting real-world products from start to finish that generate solid results.
- Experience designing for multiple platforms including mobile apps, connected TV devices, and web.
- Ability to communicate with objectivity and support design ideas with research and rationale.
- Experience building rapid prototypes that can be used for presenting proposals for internal reviews, user research and stakeholder evaluations
- Experience with conducting user research, analyzing data and incorporating insights into actionable direction.
- Digital Design experience preferred – Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision or similar Prototyping tools.
You might also have –
- Entertainment Industry experience
- Experience working on video streaming services
- Qualitative Research Experience
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.